- New Reception Parents
- School Forms
- Tiptoe School Uniform
- School Meals
- The Friends of Tiptoe School
- Art Gallery
- On Line Payments
- School Clubs
- Internet Safety
- Internet safety home learning
- Privacy Notice - How We Use Personal Information
- Secondary Transition
- Illness - When to Send Your Child to School
- SEN Resourced Provisions
- Community Clubs - Get Active, Get Involved, Have Fun!
Our children love to use the internet specially to play games and to communicate with their friends. The way they start using computers and the guidance they are given at this young age can set them on the right path to being safer in later life.
A great site for parents is the Think you know website which has advice for different ages:
At our school we ensure that our children are taught the basic tips of Internet Safety in every year group.
It tells the children the 4 Top Tips they need to remember.
- Top Tip 1 : People you don’t know are strangers. They’re not always who they say they are.
- Top Tip 2 : Be nice to people on the computer like you would in the playground.
- Top Tip 3 : Keep your personal information private.
- Top Tip 4 : If you ever get that ‘uh oh’ feeling, you should tell a grown-up you trust.
For the older year groups, we systematically teach about safety online to help them understand social media and how to be careful using it. It is a team effort between home and school, please do let us know if you have any concerns.
We also hold sessions for parents. It is important for all parents to learn about how children use the internet so they can carry on the discussion with their own children at home.
"Digital Parenting" magazine
An organisation called Parentzone have created a great magazine for parents to help them understand how young people use the internet and provide help. Here is the link to their website: